Share PC internet with android phone through wifi
Last time we have explained you that how can share your PC Internet Connection with Your Android Phone via USB. But this time we are going to tell you how to “Share PC internet in android mobiles through wifi” or “reverse Tethering” without using any external software neither in your PC nor in your android phone. Yes you can do this on your own without spending money on purchasing a wifi router, .
As you all know that android did not recognize adhoc connections. So following this procedure your android will recognize it.
- First of all, we need to share our working Internet Connection with the WiFi adapter. For doing so, proceed as follows.
- Open “Network and Sharing Center”. From the left panel, click on “Change adapter settings”.
- This will list all your network adapters and connections. Now right-click on your current, working Internet Connection and select “Properties”.
- A dialog box will be opened as shown in the image. Go to the sharing tab. Check the option“Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection“. If it is already checked, uncheck and check it again. Now, from the dropdown under the label “Home networking connection”, select “Wireless Network Connection 2″ from the list.
- In most PC’s its name is “Wireless Network Connection 2″ by default, unless changed. If you can not find it in the list, just search for your “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter” and select its name from the list. Then, click on “OK”. If prompted about some IP Address settings, just click “OK” and proceed further.
- Now, open Properties of that “Wireless Network Connection 2″ (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter). Double-click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”.
- It will open up another Properties window. Here, select the option “Use the following IP adress”. Set the “IP address” to 192.168.0.1, the “Subnet mask” to 255.255.255.0and leave the “Default gateway” blank. Also, set 184.108.40.206 as the “Preferred DNS server”. Leave “Alternate DNS server”, blank. Click “OK” and also close other Properties window. Thus, we have shared our Internet connection. Then, connect to the Internet connection.
- Go to start button of win 7 or vista and type ‘cmd’, then right click on the ‘cmd.exe’ application and click on ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
Sorry for the small pics. Please click on them to see the enlarged view.
- Now set up a wifi access point with name ‘funkywifi’ with a password ‘password123′.
For that you have to type the following command :
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=funkywifi key=password123 keyusage=persistent
Note: You can set any name to this access point by replacing ‘funkywifi’ with your required name. Similarly you can give any password/security key instead of ‘password123′ that must be a string with 8 to 63 ASCII characters.
If keyUsage is specified as ‘persistent’, the security key will be saved and used when the hosted network is started again in future. Otherwise it will be used only when the current or next time the hosted network is started. Once the hosted network is stopped, the temporary security key will be deleted from the system. If keyUsage is not specified, it is persistent by default.If you want to keep the password temporary replace ‘persistent’ with temporary’.
- Once the command executes successfully. You can check your newly created hosted network configuration by typing the following on the same command prompt window:
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
Now that you have configured the access point network, follow step no. 6 to share your broadband or lan connection.
- Now that you have configured a hosted network named ‘funkywifi’, you need to start it by the following command on the same command window:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
A network icon will be appear with the name you specified.
- To stop the connection type the following :
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
[Remember everytime you do this , all these commands except the commands in step 3 and 5 needs administrative privilages.Hence you should follow the first step for doing the same.]
If you are not familiar with batch files then simply create desktop shortcuts of these commands by following these steps.
To do this using batch files, type the command of my 2nd Step i.e, “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=funkywifi key=password123 keyusage=persistent” in Notepad.exe and save it as “sethostednetwork.BAT“.
Similarly save “netsh wlan start hostednetwork” as start.BAT and “netsh wlan stop hostednetwork” as ‘stop.BAT“.
Now to creat or configure a new connection you can right click on “sethostednetwork.BAT” file icon and click on ‘run as administrator’.
To start the connection right click on “start.BAT” file icon and click on ‘run as administrator’.
To stop the connection right click on “stop.BAT” file icon and click on ‘run as administrator’.
If you want to change username and password just right click on the “sethostednetwork.BAT” file icon and click on edit option. After replacing the existing username or password save it.
- Once you can see your hosted network in ‘Network and sharing center’, go to Settings>Wireless and network>Wi-Fi Settings in your android device , and tap on “Turn on Wi-Fi” button. It will automatically detect your PC/Laptop wifi network. On clicking the same connection in your mobile you only have to give the password and tap on ‘connect’ button.
Leave a comment if this helped you or you are facing any problem.
© 2013, admin. All rights reserved.